Bingo is a popular game of chance with the roots tracing back all the way to 16th century Italy. It’s been around for so long, so it’s not surprising that it has evolved into different variants over time.
Still, the premise of the game is pretty much the same in every variant. In order to win, you need to cover a winning pattern. What kind of pattern and how many numbers you need to match is something that depends on the variant you’ve decided to play.
To give you a helping hand, here’s some information to help you choose the best casino bingo game for you.
A Brief History of Bingo
The game’s been around for centuries, but it was the early 20th century when it got its current name. Bingo’s big break came in the 1920s in the United States, when it became a favorite past time of Americans from various states. Each state had its gambling laws that regulated bingo, which led to the development of different variants of the game and it shows no sign of stopping throughout the world.
With the development of online bingo, the variants of the games are expected to get even more versatile. Even celebrities are now jumping on the gambling bandwagon due to how prolific it is becoming worldwide. The thing is that nowadays every bingo website can come with its own rules. Still, most bingo players tend to stick to a handful of variants, such as the following:
- 90-Ball Bingo – This is the most popular bingo variant, both in brick-and-mortar parlors and online bingo rooms. As its name suggests, there are 90 balls in the game. Your bingo ticket has 15 numbers, with five numbers in each of the three lines. In order to win, you need to match a winning pattern before other players. Usually, there are three winning patterns, namely full house (all 15 numbers covered), one line (all numbers in one line covered), and two lines (all numbers in two lines covered).
- 75-Ball Bingo – Your bingo ticket comes with a 5×5 grid, with numbers in all the boxes apart from the one in the middle. In order to get a win, you need to cover one of several possible winning patterns, e.g. one line.
- 30-Ball Bingo – Here’s a bingo variant that’s very popular on the internet, the reason being that it’s very quick. You can think of it as a smaller version of the 75-Ball Bingo. Each card consists of nine numbers arranged in a 3×3 grid. However, there’s one big difference between these two variants. There’s only one way to win at 30-Ball Bingo. To do that, you need to cover all the numbers on your card.
- Roll-On Bingo – In most bingo variants, the game ends when someone’s got a full house. That’s not the case with Roll-On Bingo, which rolls-on until more prizes are awarded.
- Lucky Numbers Bingo – Usually, bingo tickets come with random numbers already on them. However, with Lucky Numbers Bingo, you get to choose your own numbers. This variant is getting increasingly popular in the online bingo community as it’s easier to enter the numbers using your computer/smartphone than to do it manually in a bingo hall.
Which Bingo Variant is Best?
Saying which variant of bingo is the best is impossible to say. It all depends on what kind of a bingo player you are. If you’re not sure about your bingo playing style, our advice is to move from theory to practice. Find your ideal bingo variant by giving different games a try.
There are hundreds of top sites out there to play on some of the best online bingo casinos like the ones found on bestonlinecasinosites.com, as well as those where you can play those games for free. The former should be your destination if you’re an absolute newbie who’s trying to figure out their perfect variant but if you already have a few “bingo!” shouts under your belt, go ahead over to your usual trusty site and give the other bingo game offers a try.