No matter whether you are a blog writer or an article writer or a novel writer for any other type of writer you must ensure that your writing is flawless and is free from all kinds of errors. You may have written an interesting article or blog or it may be any other informative content but if there are grammatical or spelling mistakes in your writing all your effort will go waste. That is the reason why it is always advisable to proofread the document once before you submit or publish your writing.
But most of the time a professional writer does not get time to proofread since they use to have a deadline and often they have spent a lot of time in finalizing the topic as per the necessities of the client, creating the draft, and rewriting the final article. But whatever the case may be, not proofread the writing is considered to be the biggest mistake of a writer in the corporate world. Proofreading is the most vital part of any content writing and that is the reason why in most big publishing houses no documents get passed without the approval of a proofreader. But today there is an easy way to proofread the document as you have automatic grammar checking and spelling checking tools that will proofread your writings automatically and help you to improve the quality of your writings.
The following are some of the best online proofreading tools for freelancers that you can use:
- Grammarly: One of the most favorite choices of professional writers for checking grammar and spelling mistakes is Grammarly. This tool is considered to be the best free grammar checker in the world. This multi-purpose proofreading tool comes up with several features you can do proofreading, grammar checking, and as well as can detect plagiarism with this tool. It is very easy to use this tool and all you need to do is to install Grammarly as a plugin or an extension in your web browser or outlook or word documents.
- Sentence Checkup: The second-best online tool for Sentence checking is Sentence Checkup. In addition to editing and proofreading, this tool also provides you a rate of the article for your overall work such as vocabulary, word choice, style, etc. Apart from that, it also gives you a useful suggestion to improve the writing. Thus, with the help of this excellent tool, the writer can easily analyze their writings. This tool guarantees you 100% error-free work. With the help of this online tool, writers can also easily track their progress and improve their writing skills day by day.
- Ginger: Ginger is the third-best online proofreading tool that takes care of the all the silly mistakes like “a”, “an”, “the”, “has”, “have”, etc. writer who commits subject-verb, punctuation, and other silly mistakes in their document can use it. Apart from that, this tool also comes up with an advanced feature called a Personal English Trainer module. This module helps you to improve your English language skills. This tool is compatible with iPhone, Android, iPad, etc.
- SpellChecker: SpellChecker is another common proofreading tool. This tool checks for spelling and grammatical errors in the documents and also gives you a suggestion on how to improve your writing. But one excellent feature of this tool is that you will be able to check the text in different languages. This tool is one of the simplest online proofreading tools and most professional writers use this tool.
- PolishMyWriting: Anther magnificent online grammar and spelling checking tool that helps the writer to find out errors in the document easily is PolishMyWriting. In this tool, you just have to copy the text which you need to proofread and paste it in the PolishMyWriting tool. Then this tool will display all the errors in the document in three different colors – red for showing the spelling mistakes, green for grammatical errors, and blue for providing a suggestion. It also provides a suggestion for active and passive voice as well. Moreover, you can use this tool with both Google Chrome as well as Mozilla Firefox and you can use it with both laptop and mobile devices.